    SubjectRe: [git pull] PCI changes for 2.6.30
    On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:01:12 -0700 (PDT)
    Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > >
    > > Please consider pulling my PCI tree from
    > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6
    > > linux-next
    >
    > This produces
    >
    > WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x69a1): Section mismatch in
    > reference from the function dev_rescan_store() to the
    > function .devinit.text:pci_rescan_bus() The function
    > dev_rescan_store() references the function __devinit
    > pci_rescan_bus(). This is often because dev_rescan_store lacks a
    > __devinit annotation or the annotation of pci_rescan_bus is wrong.
    >
    > Hmm?

    Arg how did I miss that? Maybe the last build I did was missing
    hotplug support or something... Anyway looking now (at first glance I
    think pci_rescan_bus needs to drop __devinit).

    > > Anyway hope this pull is ok. I went through every warning by hand
    > > to make sure none were caused by PCI commits, but that was with the
    > > bits in this tree, which are -rc8 vintage.
    >
    > You can tell it's rebased, but at least it's not rebased five minutes
    > ago, so I assume it has some testing. It's the "I just rebased a
    > couple of minutes before posting this 'please pull' message" that I
    > find really annoying, since it's so clear that the end result has no
    > real testing at all.

    Yeah, this tree generally sees a good amount of testing, especially
    from the hotplug folks. And yeah, I'd never rebase and then do a pull
    request; I like to let things sit in linux-next for at least a day to
    flush out any build errors and give a chance for people to test any
    merge conflicts I resolved.

      Last update: 2009-04-01 19:17    [W:0.027 / U:0.432 seconds]