    Subject[git pull] PCI changes for 2.6.30
    Please consider pulling my PCI tree from
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6 linux-next

    There are some real changes in here, notably Alex's changes to the core to add
    real hotplug support, Matthew's multiple MSI support, and Yu's SR-IOV support.
    Overall, v12n users should be happy with this set of changes. And as is
    customary we got a good collection of fixes from the usual suspects: Kenji-san,
    Yinghai, and Bjorn. Oh and Alpha has support for sysfs PCI resources now,
    thanks to a commit from Ivan.

    I note you've been having some tree management discussions with people this
    time around, so I figured it would be good to describe how I've been handling
    things.

    I generally have two branches going: for-linus and linux-next. The for-linus
    branch rarely gets merge commits or rebases. Merges will generally only
    happen if I have some dependencies with another tree (like ACPI), and rebases
    only occur when I need to drop a patch. Other than that it's just fast
    forwards from pulling your tree (after you've pulled mine) and commits for
    new patches.

    I try to keep the linux-next branch a superset of my for-linus branch at the
    request of my downstream developers. This means periodic rebasing after the
    merge window closes, but it's generally important to get your latest stuff
    into that branch so that downstream developers don't have to fight with bugs
    that have been fixed upstream. This isn't pain free (downstream developers
    with large patchsets then have to rebase their stuff) but so far it seems
    like the path of least pain for our purposes, probably because I haven't
    started pulling trees from downstream (yet). If I did, I of course would
    avoid rebasing at that point...

    Anyway hope this pull is ok. I went through every warning by hand to make
    sure none were caused by PCI commits, but that was with the bits in this
    tree, which are -rc8 vintage.

    Thanks,

    Alex Chiang (12):
    PCI: enhance physical slot debug information
    PCI: PCIe portdrv: eliminate double kfree in remove path
    PCIe: portdrv: call pci_disable_device during remove
    PCI: always scan child buses
    PCI: do not initialize bridges more than once
    PCI: do not enable bridges more than once
    PCI: Introduce pci_rescan_bus()
    PCI: Introduce /sys/bus/pci/rescan
    PCI: Introduce /sys/bus/pci/devices/.../remove
    PCI: Introduce /sys/bus/pci/devices/.../rescan
    PCI Hotplug: rename legacy_fakephp to fakephp
    PCI Hotplug: schedule fakephp for feature removal

    Andrew Morton (1):
    PCI: constify pci_bus_assign_resources()

    Bjorn Helgaas (4):
    PCI/x86: make early dump handle multi-function devices
    PCI/x86: format early dump like other PCI output
    PCI/x86: document pci=earlydump argument
    x86: use dev_printk in quirk message

    Chris Wright (1):
    PCI: add remove_id sysfs entry

    Dave Airlie (1):
    PCI: expose boot VGA device via sysfs.

    David O'Shea (1):
    PCI: Compaq Evo D510 SMBus quirk using USB instead of VGA

    Ed Swierk (1):
    x86/PCI: Detect mmconfig on nVidia MCP55

    Eric W. Biederman (1):
    PCI: pcie_portdriver: fix pcie_port_device_remove

    Frank Seidel (1):
    PCI: add missing KERN_* constants to printks

    Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
    PCI: Use kzalloc() in pci_create_bus()

    Harvey Harrison (1):
    PCI: __FUNCTION__ is gcc-specific, use __func__

    Ivan Kokshaysky (1):
    PCI/alpha: pci sysfs resources

    Jesse Barnes (1):
    powerpc/PCI: include pci.h in powerpc MSI implementation

    Jiri Slaby (1):
    PCI quirk: don't mark one netmos as class other

    Julia Lawall (1):
    PCI: introduce missing kfree

    Kay Sievers (1):
    PCI: struct device - replace bus_id with dev_name(), dev_set_name()

    Kenji Kaneshige (15):
    PCI: pciehp: fix possible endless loop in pcie_isr
    PCI: pciehp: enable software notification on empty slots
    PCI: pciehp: make cmd_busy flag one bit
    PCI/ACPI: move _OSC code to pci_root.c
    PCI/ACPI: rename pci_osc_control_set()
    PCI/ACPI: fix wrong assumption in acpi_pci_get_bridge_handle
    PCI/ACPI: fix wrong assumption in acpi_find_root_bridge_handle
    PCI hotplug: fix wrong assumption in acpi_get_hp_params_from_firmware
    PCI hotplug: fix wrong assumption in acpi_get_hp_hw_control_from_firmware
    PCI: fix wrong assumption in pci_find_upstream_pcie_bridge
    PCI: fix wrong assumption in pci_read_bridge_bases
    PCI: fix wrong assumption in pci_get_interrupt_pin
    PCI: fix wrong assumption in pci_common_swizzle
    PCI: pci_is_root_bus helper
    PCI: fix kernel oops on bridge removal

    Matthew Wilcox (6):
    Rewrite MSI-HOWTO
    PCI MSI: Replace 'type' with 'is_msix'
    PCI MSI: msi_desc->dev is always initialised
    PCI MSI: Use mask_pos instead of mask_base when appropriate
    PCI MSI: Refactor interrupt masking code
    PCI MSI: Add support for multiple MSI

    Michael Ellerman (3):
    PCI/MSI: Use #ifdefs instead of weak functions
    PCI/MSI: Allow arch code to return the number of MSI-X available
    PCI MSI: Add example request loop to MSI-HOWTO.txt

    Rafael J. Wysocki (9):
    PCI: PCIe portdrv: Use driver data to simplify code
    PCI: PCIe portdrv: Aviod using service devices with wrong interrupts
    PCI: PCIe portdrv: Do not enable port device before setting up interrupts
    PCI: PCIe portdrv: Remove unnecessary function
    PCI: PCIe portdrv: Simplily probe callback of service drivers
    PCI: PCIe portdrv: Remove struct pcie_port_service_id
    PCI/MSI: Introduce pci_msix_table_size()
    PCI/PCIe portdrv: Fix allocation of interrupts
    PCI: PCIe portdrv: Implement pm object

    Roel Kluin (1):
    PCI hotplug: shpchp: fix bus number check to avoid false positive

    Sheng Yang (1):
    PCI: Speed up device reset function

    Stephen Rothwell (1):
    PCI: update fakephp for bus_id removal

    Trent Piepho (3):
    PCI: don't scan existing devices
    PCI: pci_scan_slot() returns newly found devices
    PCI Hotplug: restore fakephp interface with complete reimplementation

    Yinghai Lu (5):
    PCI/x86: detect host bridge config space size w/o using quirks
    x86/PCI: host mmconfig detect clean up
    x86/PCI: make pci=lastbus=255 work when acpi is on
    PCI: don't enable too much HT MSI mapping
    PCI: fix HT MSI mapping fix

    Yu Zhao (12):
    PCI: check if a bus is added when removing it
    PCI: fix incorrect mask of PM No_Soft_Reset bit
    PCI: initialize and release SR-IOV capability
    PCI: restore saved SR-IOV state
    PCI: reserve bus range for SR-IOV device
    PCI: centralize device setup code
    PCI: add SR-IOV API for Physical Function driver
    PCI: handle SR-IOV Virtual Function Migration
    PCI: document SR-IOV sysfs entries
    PCI: manual for SR-IOV user and driver developer
    PCI: fix conflict between SR-IOV and config space sizing
    PCI: save and restore PCIe 2.0 registers

    Yuji Shimada (1):
    PCI: allow assignment of memory resources with a specified alignment

    akpm@linux-foundation.org (1):
    PCI: constify pci_bus_add_devices()

    Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-pci | 70 +++
    Documentation/DocBook/kernel-api.tmpl | 1 +
    Documentation/PCI/MSI-HOWTO.txt | 814 +++++++++++----------------
    Documentation/PCI/pci-iov-howto.txt | 99 ++++
    Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt | 33 ++
    Documentation/filesystems/sysfs-pci.txt | 10 +
    Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt | 11 +
    arch/alpha/include/asm/pci.h | 14 +
    arch/alpha/kernel/Makefile | 2 +-
    arch/alpha/kernel/pci-sysfs.c | 366 +++++++++++++
    arch/powerpc/include/asm/pci.h | 4 +
    arch/powerpc/kernel/msi.c | 5 +
    arch/x86/include/asm/pci.h | 3 +
    arch/x86/kernel/io_apic.c | 4 +
    arch/x86/kernel/pci-dma.c | 3 +-
    arch/x86/pci/early.c | 19 +-
    arch/x86/pci/fixup.c | 20 -
    arch/x86/pci/legacy.c | 3 +-
    arch/x86/pci/mmconfig-shared.c | 227 ++++++--
    arch/x86/pci/mmconfig_64.c | 17 +-
    drivers/acpi/pci_root.c | 180 ++++++-
    drivers/pci/Kconfig | 10 +
    drivers/pci/Makefile | 2 +
    drivers/pci/bus.c | 8 +-
    drivers/pci/hotplug/acpi_pcihp.c | 58 +--
    drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp_sysfs.c | 3 +-
    drivers/pci/hotplug/fakephp.c | 444 ++++------------
    drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp.h | 13 +-
    drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_acpi.c | 21 +-
    drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_core.c | 18 +-
    drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_hpc.c | 34 +-
    drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp.h | 10 +-
    drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp_pci.c | 2 +-
    drivers/pci/intel-iommu.c | 2 +-
    drivers/pci/iov.c | 680 +++++++++++++++++++++++
    drivers/pci/msi.c | 426 ++++++++--------
    drivers/pci/msi.h | 6 -
    drivers/pci/pci-acpi.c | 215 --------
    drivers/pci/pci-driver.c | 81 +++-
    drivers/pci/pci-sysfs.c | 124 ++++-
    drivers/pci/pci.c | 193 ++++++-
    drivers/pci/pci.h | 65 +++
    drivers/pci/pcie/aer/aerdrv.c | 28 +-
    drivers/pci/pcie/aer/aerdrv_acpi.c | 2 +-
    drivers/pci/pcie/aer/aerdrv_core.c | 10 +-
    drivers/pci/pcie/portdrv.h | 14 +-
    drivers/pci/pcie/portdrv_bus.c | 18 +-
    drivers/pci/pcie/portdrv_core.c | 379 +++++++++-----
    drivers/pci/pcie/portdrv_pci.c | 50 +-
    drivers/pci/probe.c | 210 +++++---
    drivers/pci/quirks.c | 221 +++++++--
    drivers/pci/remove.c | 4 +
    drivers/pci/search.c | 2 +-
    drivers/pci/setup-bus.c | 7 +-
    drivers/pci/setup-res.c | 15 +
    drivers/pci/slot.c | 18 +-
    include/linux/acpi.h | 34 ++
    include/linux/msi.h | 13 +-
    include/linux/pci-acpi.h | 67 +--
    include/linux/pci.h | 61 ++-
    include/linux/pci_ids.h | 1 +
    include/linux/pci_regs.h | 37 ++-
    include/linux/pcieport_if.h | 36 +-
    create mode 100644 Documentation/PCI/pci-iov-howto.txt
    create mode 100644 arch/alpha/kernel/pci-sysfs.c
    create mode 100644 drivers/pci/iov.c

      Last update: 2009-03-31 21:17    [W:0.043 / U:29.432 seconds]