    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.29
    Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
    > Am Dienstag, 24. März 2009 schrieb Linus Torvalds:
    >> This obviously starts the merge window for 2.6.30, although as usual,
    >> I'll probably wait a day or two before I start actively merging.
    > It would be very nice, if you could start with a commit to Makefile,
    > that reflects the new series: e.g.:

    If you have a git checkout, you can easily do this yourself:

    git checkout -b 2.6.30-rc master
    sed -i "/^SUBLEVEL/ s/29/30/; /^EXTRAVERSION/ s/$/ -rc0/" Makefile
    git add Makefile
    git commit -m "Mark as -rc0"

    Then to get latest git head:

    git checkout master
    git pull
    git rebase master 2.6.30-rc

    When Linus releases -rc1, the rebase will signal a conflict on that commit
    and you can just 'git rebase --skip' it.

    Instead of sed you can also just edit the Makefile of course, or you can
    go the other way and create a simple script that automatically increases
    the existing sublevel by 1. I just do this manually, given that it's only
    needed once per three months or so.

    Using a branch is something I do anyway as I almost always have a few
    minor patches on top of git head for various reasons.

      Last update: 2009-03-27 17:53    [W:0.023 / U:1.716 seconds]