    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Microblaze initial pack

    * Michal Simek <michal.simek@petalogix.com> wrote:

    > > I've also done a (quick) license scan and there's this one file i
    > > found:
    > >
    > > arch/microblaze/kernel/hw_exception_handler.S
    > >
    > > * Copyright (C) 2004 Xilinx, Inc. All rights reserved.
    > > *
    > > * Xilinx, Inc.
    > > * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS" AS A
    > > * COURTESY TO YOU.BY PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION AS
    > > * ONE POSSIBLE IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS FEATURE, APPLICATION OR
    > > * STANDARD, XILINX IS MAKING NO REPRESENTATION THAT THIS IMPLEMENTATION
    > > * IS FREE FROM ANY CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT, AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE
    > > * FOR OBTAINING ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY REQUIRE FOR YOUR IMPLEMENTATION.
    > >
    > > That is an all rights reserved copyrighted file, and i'm not sure
    > > the above constitutes a GPLv2 compatible license. It would be less
    > > ambigious to add what you do in the other places instead, something
    > > like:
    > >
    > > * (C) Copyright 2004 Xilinx, Inc.
    > > *
    > > * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
    > > * under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published
    > > * by the Free Software Foundation.
    > >
    > This is no my license. I'll ask a Xilinx guys for permission to change
    > it for this file.
    > John L, Stephen: Could I change the license as Ingo suggested?

    Note that there's a couple of other Xilinx files in the upstream
    kernel tree already that could serve as a template:

    drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/buffer_icap.c: * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
    drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/buffer_icap.h: * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
    drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/fifo_icap.c: * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
    drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/fifo_icap.h: * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
    drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/xilinx_hwicap.c: * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
    drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/xilinx_hwicap.h: * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"

    Those files carry this as-is no-warrantes notice plus also a GPLv2
    notice:

    /*****************************************************************************
    *
    * Author: Xilinx, Inc.
    *
    * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
    * under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
    * Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your
    * option) any later version.
    *
    * XILINX IS PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE, OR INFORMATION "AS IS"
    * AS A COURTESY TO YOU, SOLELY FOR USE IN DEVELOPING PROGRAMS AND
    * SOLUTIONS FOR XILINX DEVICES. BY PROVIDING THIS DESIGN, CODE,
    * OR INFORMATION AS ONE POSSIBLE IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS FEATURE,
    * APPLICATION OR STANDARD, XILINX IS MAKING NO REPRESENTATION
    * THAT THIS IMPLEMENTATION IS FREE FROM ANY CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT,
    * AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY REQUIRE
    * FOR YOUR IMPLEMENTATION. XILINX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY
    * WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE ADEQUACY OF THE
    * IMPLEMENTATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OR
    * REPRESENTATIONS THAT THIS IMPLEMENTATION IS FREE FROM CLAIMS OF
    * INFRINGEMENT, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
    * FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
    *
    * (c) Copyright 2003-2008 Xilinx Inc.
    * All rights reserved.
    *
    * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
    * with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
    * 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
    *

    Ingo

      Last update: 2009-03-27 13:29    [W:0.028 / U:120.452 seconds]