    Subjectrelatime: update once per day patches (was: ext3 IO latency measurements)
    Date
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:03:12 +0100 Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
    >> Why arent the relatime patches upstream?
    >
    > They have been for ages.

    I assume Ingo means the patches to make relatime update atime at least
    once per day to ensure better compatibility with apps that do use or rely
    on access times.
    These patches are already being included by several distros and, FWIW,
    Debian would like to see them upstream as well because we feel .

    They were last submitted by Matthew Garrett:
    http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/11/27/234
    http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/11/27/235

    Loads of people seem to want this, but even though it's been submitted at
    least twice and discussed even more often, it never gets anywhere.

    Cheers,
    FJP

      Last update: 2009-03-26 16:35    [W:0.039 / U:62.356 seconds]