    SubjectRe: [patch 0/2] Add support for threaded interrupt handlers - V3
    On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, David Brownell wrote:

    > On Tuesday 24 March 2009, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > > >
    > > > No comments on the patch I sent?
    > >
    > > Looked at it briefly, but I still try to figure out what the best
    > > solution for this will be. As I said I'd like to support both
    > > variants:
    > >
    > > 1) demux handlers run in the primary interrupt thread context
    > > 2) demux handlers kick their own handler threads
    >
    > I have no need for the latter, at least in current systems.

    Groan, the fact that you do not need it is definitely _not_ a good
    reason to just add a irq_is_sufficient_for_dave_handler.

    > > I don't want to special case that. See above.
    >
    > What's a special case though? If you're serious about
    > wanting to support more than one case, it's always going
    > to be possible to call some of them "special". As in,
    > "threaded IRQs are a special case in genirq". That should
    > not mean they don't get handled.

    I don't like the idea of another action dispatcher in a special case
    handler. The goal is to reuse the code i.e. simple_handler and
    handle_IRQ_event. It just needs some thoughts to implement it in a
    sane way.

    Thanks,

    tglx

      Last update: 2009-03-25 08:43    [W:0.023 / U:60.072 seconds]