    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.29
    > posted to the list earlier trying to see if there was anything that
    > could be done to help my specific case. I've got a system where if
    > someone starts writing out a large file, it kills client NFS writes.
    > Makes the system unusable:

    I have not had this problem since I applied Arjan's (for some reason
    repeatedly rejected) patch to change the ioprio of the various writeback
    daemons. Under some loads changing to the noop I/O scheduler also seems
    to help (as do most of the non default ones)

    > Everyone seems to agree that "autotuning" it is the way to go. But no
    > one seems willing to step up and try to do it. Probably because it's
    > hard to get right!

    If this is a VM problem why does fixing the I/O priority of the various
    daemons seem to cure at least some of it ?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-24 10:17    [W:0.019 / U:66.732 seconds]