SubjectRe: 2.6.30 Xen merge plan (what's in xen.git)

* Jeremy Fitzhardinge <> wrote:

> Hi Ingo, Linus,
> I have several topic branches which I'd like to merge in this
> merge window. They fall into two classes: those which make
> significant changes to arch/x86 files, and those which just touch
> Xen-specific files.
> The x86-touching ones should definitely go via tip.git, just to
> keep things sane and orderly.
> How should we handle the rest? Should I send them directly to
> Linus, or put them via x86.git too? Either way, they'll generally
> need to go after the non-Xen changes.
> (I'll post full pull-requests with diffstats as followups to this mail.)
> All branches in git://
> Branches which mostly or entirely Xen (only trivial non-Xen changes):
> push2/xen/core
> Updates to existing Xen support, features, optimisations, etc.
> push2/xen/control
> A set of usermode interfaces for Xen (/sys/hypervisor, /dev/evtchn,
> updates to xenbus and xenfs)

Will take a look.

> push2/xen/dom0/core
> Core set of changes to add Xen dom0 functionality. (Mostly
> Xen-only, but adds a new Xen mtrr driver.)

I suspect this makes limited sense without the arch dom0 changes so
they should go with this bucket:

> Branches with non-trivial non-Xen changes:
> push2/x86/paravirt
> Allow preemption while doing a lazy mmu update.

That's probably OK, just a bit late. If Thomas signs off on them
then i guess it might be OK later in the window - he's the one who
was struggling with paravirt lazy mmu fallout in the past. Thomas?

> push2/xen/dom0/apic
> Changes to hook the Xen dom0 apic model into the standard platform
> apic code. HPA reviewed and OKed this.
> push2/xen/dom0/pci
> Add a Xen pci driver and dma_ops implementations. Small changes to
> x86 pci+swiotlb code to add some function calls.
> push2/xen/dom0/agp
> Change the AGP driver to allocate its memory using the
> pci_alloc_coherent to get guaranteed physically contiguous memory,
> and use proper phys<->bus functions so that Xen's pseudo-phys <->
> machine mappings are handled properly.

hpa wanted dom0 changes in some cleaner fashion - he knows the
details. (he'll be back in a few days)

 \ /
  Last update: 2009-03-24 18:55    [W:0.153 / U:0.088 seconds]