    Subject2.6.30 Xen merge plan (what's in xen.git)
    Hi Ingo, Linus,

    I have several topic branches which I'd like to merge in this merge
    window. They fall into two classes: those which make significant
    changes to arch/x86 files, and those which just touch Xen-specific files.

    The x86-touching ones should definitely go via tip.git, just to keep
    things sane and orderly.

    How should we handle the rest? Should I send them directly to Linus, or
    put them via x86.git too? Either way, they'll generally need to go
    after the non-Xen changes.

    (I'll post full pull-requests with diffstats as followups to this mail.)

    All branches in git://

    Branches which mostly or entirely Xen (only trivial non-Xen changes):

    Updates to existing Xen support, features, optimisations, etc.

    A set of usermode interfaces for Xen (/sys/hypervisor, /dev/evtchn,
    updates to xenbus and xenfs)

    Core set of changes to add Xen dom0 functionality. (Mostly
    Xen-only, but adds a new Xen mtrr driver.)

    Branches with non-trivial non-Xen changes:

    Allow preemption while doing a lazy mmu update.

    Changes to hook the Xen dom0 apic model into the standard platform
    apic code. HPA reviewed and OKed this.

    Add a Xen pci driver and dma_ops implementations. Small changes to
    x86 pci+swiotlb code to add some function calls.

    Change the AGP driver to allocate its memory using the
    pci_alloc_coherent to get guaranteed physically contiguous memory,
    and use proper phys<->bus functions so that Xen's pseudo-phys <->
    machine mappings are handled properly.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-24 18:21    [W:0.030 / U:10.140 seconds]