SubjectRe: [Openipmi-developer] Improving IPMI performance under load
Matt Domsch wrote:

> I still get complaints from users who see their CPU utilization spike
> attributed to kipmi0 when userspace throws a lot of requests down to
> the controller. I've seen them want to limit kipmi0 even further, not
> speed it up.

My first patch ("limit CPU time spent in kipmi") is targeted at exactly
those users that you are talking about.

These users make their observations on idle systems. You'll never see
kipmid use up CPU under "top" in systems with high CPU load. With the
new patch I have in mind, kipmid can be tuned to be faster under load
and at the same time use less cycles (at the cost of slightly decreased
speed) when idle.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck
PRIMERGY System Software Engineer

Fujitsu Siemens Computers GmbH
Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring 1
33106 Paderborn
Germany

Tel: ++49 5251 525 2796
Fax: ++49 5251 525 2820
Email: mailto:martin.wilck@fujitsu-siemens.com
Internet: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com

  Last update: 2009-03-24 18:19    [W:0.371 / U:3.284 seconds]