SubjectRe: The Linux Staging tree, what it is and is not.
david@lang.hm schrieb:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Alan Cox wrote:
>
>>> information of what to copy to where comes from the object dictionary.
>>> But it is possible to extract this information from the objdict and pass
>>> it via generic structures (e.g. something like IO vectors) to the PDO
>>> module in kernel. The information flow of the configuration data is
>>> one-way only, from userspace to kernel. This is what I plan to implement
>>> in openPOWERLINK, because the copy information can also be passed to a
>>> special hardware like a DMA controller.
>>
>> Ok so your hardware in fact really is oriented around an mmap type
>> interface ?
>
> what I understand from this thread is that the hardware is a standard
> ethernet card.

It may be a standard Ethernet controller. But it could also be a
controller with a special hardware acceleration.

cu,
Daniel

--
SYS TEC electronic GmbH
August-Bebel-Str. 29

Telefon : +49 (0) 3661 6279 0
Fax : +49 (0) 3661 6279 99
Email : daniel.krueger@systec-electronic.com
Internet : http://www.systec-electronic.com

Managing Director : Dipl.-Phys. Siegmar Schmidt
Commercial registry : Amtsgericht Jena, HRB 205563

  Last update: 2009-03-23 10:07    [W:0.100 / U:0.036 seconds]