    SubjectTest some kernel feature without recompile
    From
    Hi,

    I know when you work on some kernel module, you can change code and load
    module again and test it, but what if you change some built in kernel
    .c file, why
    would I need to recompile whole kernel just to see what happens if I change one
    .c file ??

    Why can I just compile one changed .c file and copy it where compiled version of
    that file reside inside kernel tree? Or maybe there is some image info embedded
    inside compiled files, so that file must belong to specific image from
    which it is
    installed ?

    Thanks,

    Dragoslav Zaric

      Last update: 2009-03-22 11:47    [W:0.020 / U:90.512 seconds]