    SubjectRe: [patch] x86, bts: use atomic memory allocation

    > When I boot that configuration (without the additional patches), I get some
    > error dumps on the screen including a call trace. Unfortunately, the interesting
    > part scrolls out of the top of my screen and the boot stops.

    Standard ways to handle that:
    - boot with vga=0x0f07 to get smaller fonts (if it doesn't work use vga=ask and select suitable number)
    - use a serial console, possibly with earlyprintk
    - use firescope if the system has a ieee1394 connection. That can access the log buffer. You
    need a 1394 cable, but those are easy to get. See Documentation/debugging-via-ohci1394.txt

    For this particular case it might be enough to move the selftest to run much later
    and then use netconsole or similar after it has been set up.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2009-03-20 09:39    [W:5.843 / U:0.032 seconds]