    SubjectRe: lockdep and threaded IRQs (was: ...)

    * David Brownell <> wrote:

    > On Monday 02 March 2009, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > > If you want to work on genirq threaded IRQ handlers them please
    > > check out and test the threaded IRQ handlers patches that are
    > > being worked on at lkml. See:
    > >
    > > [patch 0/4] genirq: add infrastructure for threaded interrupt handlers V2
    > I did check them out, as noted earlier in this thread.
    > The significant omission is lack of support for chaining
    > such threads. Example, an I2C device that exposes
    > several dozen IRQs with mask/ack/... operations that
    > require I2C access.

    Well, those are rarely used, embedded-only constructs - the main
    focus of IRQ threading patches are the more common patterns.

    Since you care about them - could you please send patches on top
    of the IRQ threading patches to add support for them?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-03-03 00:57    [W:0.020 / U:18.256 seconds]