    SubjectRe: PATCH [1/3] drivers/input/xpad.c: Improve Xbox 360 wireless support and add sysfs interface
    From
    On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:

    > I tried to create such an interface years ago, and the macro tricks
    > involved ended up being horrible, and in the end, it didn't work.  But
    > if you can come up with something, I'd love to see it.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > greg k-h

    I could probably give it a shot, but possibly not until May... once
    the current semester ends. I really need to understand the kernel type
    system -- or at least the types that "should" be exposed to userspace
    -- before thinking about the design too much. Maybe that's the
    question that needs to be asked first: in general, what does a sysfs
    interface into a driver look like? It's certainly flexible enough to
    do a lot, and the existing interfaces allow it to do a lot, but is
    there a simplification that covers some large percentage of cases?

    Mike
    --
    Mike Murphy
    Ph.D. Candidate and NSF Graduate Research Fellow