    Subject[patch 0/5] Intel Poulsbo/Morrestown DRM driver and DRM core changes
    Hi,

    Here's 5 patches that add the Intel Poulsbo/Morrestown DRM driver to the
    kernel tree.

    There are 4 patches that make changes to the DRM core, and one patch
    that adds the DRM driver itself. The driver is added to the
    drivers/staging/ directory because it is not the "final" driver that
    Intel wishes to support over time. The userspace api is going to
    change, and work is currently underway to hook up properly with the
    memory management system.

    However this work is going to take a while, and in the meantime, users
    want to run Linux on this kind of hardware. I'd really like to add the
    driver to the staging tree, but it needs these core DRM changes in order
    to get it to work properly.

    Originally I had a patch that basically duplicated the existing DRM
    core, and embedded it with these changes and the PSB driver together
    into one big mess of a kernel module. But Richard convinced me that
    this wasn't the "nicest" thing to do, and he did work on the PSB code
    and dug out these older DRM patches.

    The only thing that looks a bit "odd" to me is the unlocked ioctl patch,
    Thomas, is that thing really correct?

    David, I'd be glad to take the DRM changes through the staging tree, but
    only if you ack them.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2009-03-19 05:15    [W:2.797 / U:0.212 seconds]