SubjectRe: VIRTIO_BLK_T_SCSI_CMD handling in virtio-blk
Date
On Wednesday 18 March 2009 16:39:19 Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> All backends that I checked just fail VIRTIO_BLK_T_SCSI_CMD commands, so
> AFAICS no harm is done. But should we really keep this broken support
> in the protocol around? If we do want to support packet commands in
> the future we should probably just add the command as the first S/G list
> entry.

It was pretty much a placeholder for "eject". Feel free to be the one to
define it.

But note that we chose not to use sg boundaries as part of the protocol, so
if there's going to be more than one entry, you'll need some metadata.

> Is there an actual protocol spec for virtio-blk somewhere to write these
> subtilities down? Or an list of implementations to check at least?

No, but I look forward to reading your spec :)

Thanks!
Rusty.

  Last update: 2009-03-18 23:51    [W:0.047 / U:0.956 seconds]