SubjectRe: [crash] Re: Latest brk patchset
Ingo Molnar wrote:
>> And the resulting kernel booted fine under qemu with 1Gbyte of
>> memory. I'll try on real hardware a bit later, but it doesn't
>> seem like something that should be affected by qemu vs native,
>> unless it has something to do with the specific e820 map.
>>

> Note that the crash was reproducible and it very clearly went
> away when i excluded those commits from tip:master.

Yep, and it looks like the kind of problem those changes might cause.
But I can't reproduce it, and its not obvious to me what's actually
going wrong. Any chance you could bisect the failure down to a specific
changeset, and print "start", "max_pfn_mapped" and "tables" where it fails?

Thanks,

  Last update: 2009-03-16 17:15    [W:0.140 / U:0.136 seconds]