    SubjectRe: PROBLEM: kernel BUG at mm/slab.c:3002!
    On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 11:16 -0400, Alan D. Brunelle wrote:
    > Running blktrace & I/O loads cause a kernel BUG at mm/slab.c:3002!.

    Pid: 11346, comm: blktrace Tainted: G B 2.6.29-rc7 #3 ProLiant
    DL585 G5

    That 'B' there indicates you've hit 'bad page' before this. That bug
    seems to be strongly correlated with some form of hardware trouble.
    Unfortunately, that makes everything after that point a little suspect.

    Both this slab BUG and the bad page issue are "shouldn't happen"
    situations that are generally caused by memory changing out from under
    the subsystem, either by some other code scribbling on the relevant
    memory or DRAM trouble or the like. If you want to pursue this further,
    please gather up a collection of any bad page reports you can find on
    your system and change the BUG code at slab.c:3002 to read something
    like:

    if (slabp->inuse < 0 || slabp->inuse >= cachep->num) {
    printk("SLAB: slabp %p inuse %d max %d\n",
    slabp, slabp->inuse, cachep->num);
    BUG();
    }

    We might find that the slab and the bad page are the same page or
    nearby. We might find that inuse has a single bit flipped (hardware
    error). Or we might find that it has a revealing value scribbled over it
    that points to the culprit. From your trace, it appears to contain 0x70,
    which is a rather large number of objects to have on a slab but as we
    don't know what slab it is, it's hard to say what happened.

    --
    http://selenic.com : development and support for Mercurial and Linux

      Last update: 2009-03-10 18:23    [W:0.019 / U:29.872 seconds]