[lkml]   [2009]   [Mar]   [10]   [last100]   RSS Feed

SubjectRe: um: WARNING: vmlinux: 'memcpy' exported twice. Previous export was in vmlinux
    On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 12:49:16PM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
    >Américo Wang wrote:
    >> On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 07:27:31PM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
    >>> Américo Wang wrote:
    >>>> On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 03:45:36PM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
    >>>>> Américo Wang wrote:
    >>>>>> On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 02:13:58PM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
    >>>>>>> On today's linus v2.6.29-rc7-3-g559595a
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Doing make ARCH=um defconfig & make ARCH=um
    >>>>>>> give's me:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> LD vmlinux.o
    >>>>>>> MODPOST vmlinux.o
    >>>>>>> WARNING: vmlinux: 'memcpy' exported twice. Previous export was in vmlinux
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Sorry if this is a duplicate report
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Weird...
    >>>>>> I tried to compile like what you said, I can't reproduce it.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Which gcc are you using?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Thanks.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> $ gcc --version
    >>>>> gcc (GCC) 4.3.2 20081105 (Red Hat 4.3.2-7)
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I'm running on an x86_64 Fedora10 system (updated recently)
    >>>>> $ uname -o -s -r -m -p -i
    >>>>> Linux 2.6.27.15-170.2.24.fc10.x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    >>>>>
    >>>> I am using the same thing, but on i386. I still can't reproduce it. :(
    >>>>
    >>> What can I say I just did it again from scratch
    >>>
    >>> $ mkdir .build_um
    >>> $ make ARCH=um KBUILD_OUTPUT=.build_um defconfig
    >>> $ make ARCH=um KBUILD_OUTPUT=.build_um
    >>>
    >>> (I'm using KBUILD_OUTPUT= because O= does not work when also using M= with
    >>> external modules, so it's a habit)
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your help. I will try to bisect it on Sunday
    >> Hi, Boaz.
    >> I am sorry that I don't have an x86_64 machine to use, but I know
    >> why this happens now. :)
    >> Would you like to try the following patch? Thanks!
    >> -------------->
    >> Signed-off-by: WANG Cong <xiyou.wangcong@gmail.com>
    >Tested-by: Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@panasas.com>

Thank you.

I will resend that patch with your Tested-by. :)

>> ---
    >> diff --git a/arch/um/os-Linux/user_syms.c b/arch/um/os-Linux/user_syms.c
    >> index 74f49bb..89b48a1 100644
    >> --- a/arch/um/os-Linux/user_syms.c
    >> +++ b/arch/um/os-Linux/user_syms.c
    >> @@ -14,7 +14,6 @@
    >> #undef memset
    >> extern size_t strlen(const char *);
    >> -extern void *memcpy(void *, const void *, size_t);
    >> EXPORT_SYMBOL(memcpy);
    >> +#endif
    >> +
    >> EXPORT_SYMBOL(memmove);
    >> EXPORT_SYMBOL(memset);
    >> EXPORT_SYMBOL(printf);
    >Yes this works. But it is weird, what is the difference between
    >__x86_64__ and any other platform?

I just saw the comments in arch/um/sys-x86_64/ksyms.c.

Do what you love, f**k the rest! F**k the regulations!

the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
    More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Last update: 2009-03-10 15:17    [W:0.038 / U:304.668 seconds]