SubjectRe: Spurious Filesystem corruption with ext3 + large (<400GB) hw RAID partition + SMP
From
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Manfred Wassmann
<tux.wassmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 2/1/09, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
> [...]
>> Search the list archives, there are other problem reports for that
>> 3ware card, you probably want to check those.
>
> Thank you very much, I checked these but I could not find much about
> filesystem corruption problems. The most similar problem was mentioned
> in http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/23/230 but was related to xen which
> isn't in use here.
>
> Regarding the memory test, memtest86+ ran for almost 70 hours without
> detecting any error.
>
> I trying to reproduce the problem using my installation disk and
> running stress/dbench but wasn't able to do so. The only reliable way
> to reproduce it is to install Ubuntu, which isn't very helpful :-(

Huh. It may be related to whatever kernel version Ubuntu uses to boot
up the install media. Try a different version of Ubuntu (older, newer
if a newer one exists) to see if it has the same problem.

  Last update: 2009-02-06 19:53    [W:0.046 / U:0.248 seconds]