    SubjectRe: Gem GTT mmaps..
    Date
    On Thursday, February 5, 2009 10:37 am Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > So if we leave the lookup reference around from the GTT mapping ioctl, that
    > would take care of new mappings. And if we added/removed references at VM
    > open/close time, we should be covered for fork. But is it ok to add a new
    > unref in the finish ioctl for GTT mapped objects? I don't think so,
    > because we don't know for sure if the caller was the one that created the
    > new fake offset (which would be one way of detecting whether it was GTT
    > mapped). Seems like we need a new unmap ioctl? Or we could put the mapping
    > ref/unref in libdrm, where it would be tracked on a per-process basis...

    Ah but maybe we should just tear down the fake offset at unmap time; then we'd
    be able to use it as an existence test for the mapping and get the
    refcounting right. The last thing I thought of was whether we'd be ok in a
    map_gtt -> crash case. I *think* the vm_close code will deal with that, if
    we do a deref there?

    Thanks,

      Last update: 2009-02-06 18:19    [W:0.021 / U:61.860 seconds]