    SubjectRe: [PARAVIRT/x86] BUGFIX: Put a missing paravirt_release_pmd in pgd_dtor
    Alok Kataria wrote:
    > As it affects only VMI, instead of adding another callback, i have
    > hooked on the paravirt_pgd_free call for vmi to release the pgd page.
    > Below is the patch. I will run some overnight tests with this patch and
    > get back if there are any errors.

    I'd forgotten that I'd already added pgd_alloc/pgd_free. So, yes, just
    use pgd_free.

    >> But either way, calling release_pmd here is wrong, since its only meant
    >> to be applied to pmds,
    > Maybe i misunderstand, but that's how it used to work before that
    > commit, we had a single call to release_*pd*, no ?

    I rearranged things, but I don't remember the details. I think pd was
    being overloaded for both pgd and pmd, and I split it out so there was a
    specific function for each level.

    >> and it would break the Xen code.
    > i see xen doesn't define the alloc_pmd_clone call.

    It defines alloc_pmd, but has no need for alloc_pmd_clone (there's no
    shadow pagetable, so there's nothing to sync). Zach added specifically
    for vmi's use.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-02-06 07:55    [W:0.022 / U:20.488 seconds]