SubjectRe: PATCH: Allow over-ride of smp_found_cfg with kernel cmd-line option.
Ingo Molnar wrote:

> I'd _much_ rather have a warning message printed and have a default,
> unconditional fallback to mptable parsing in this case.
>
> I.e. same end result just no ugly and inconvenient force_smp_found_cfg.
>
> The mptable works fine in most such cases to enumerate apic details. (as it
> does in your case, evidently)
>
> And if both the ACPI and the MPTABLE is hosed on a box, it cannot be of much
> use on other OSs either, right?
>
> So please do a patch that removes the 'smp_found_config' and which changes
> the warning message to warn about no ACPI table in the MADT table. Ok?

That is fine with me, but I know next to zero about the deep logic
of this code. I'd be worried that Len put in the change to fix something
more critical than my problem on my particular board.

If no one argues otherwise, I'll get a patch together & tested this evening.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>

  Last update: 2009-02-05 21:49    [W:0.066 / U:1.388 seconds]