    SubjectRe: main thread pthread_exit/sys_exit bug!
    On 02/04, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
    > On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Roland McGrath <> wrote:
    > > I haven't seen the clear explanation of what specific actual problems there
    > > are here. But I'm quite sure this is not the right approach to address them.
    > >
    > > Kaz has said things that seemed to imply that the behavior is erratic or
    > > the semantics are somehow ill-defined when the group leader has died with
    > > other threads living on. In fact, this case is perfectly well-specified
    > > and there is no mystery about it.
    > I haven't observed anything that could be called erratic. The behavior that
    > occurs, occurs reliably.

    Yes we have the bug, and wait_task_stopped() should be fixed. But it is
    buggy anyway, even if we delay the death of the main thread. But I also
    think we shouldn't.

    (and I am sorry, I still can't find the time to redo my old patch, will
    try to do this asap).

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-02-05 17:21    [W:0.019 / U:47.324 seconds]