Subject[patch 0/2] Make the touchpad on the MSI Wind netbook work
Hi,

A MSI Wind (100) netbook landed on my desk with the comment "touchpad
doesn't work in Linux but works in XP".

It turns out that there are a 2 separate issues with this netbook that
needed fixing

1) The touchpad requires the equivalent of "i8042.reset", which resets
the controller before probing. (This is done via a DMI quirk in patch
2/2)

2) About half the time, the reset will fail the first time. In the
current code, this is fatal and then also disables the keyboard in
addition to the touchpad. Ungood. Patch 1 makes the kernel retry the
reset upto five times before giving up (it seems the 2nd or 3rd time
succeed for me), and also adds an option to not make such a failure
fatal to the keyboard.

I don't think this is a regression, but it is pretty nasty behavior
(the machine is useless without) so it could be a 2.6.29 candidate...

visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2009-02-05 04:19    [W:0.099 / U:0.572 seconds]