    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Acer 6592 TM, suspend to ram and resume freeze
    On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 04:36 +0800, Robert Jarzmik wrote:
    > First of all, sorry for the duplicate on linux-pm, but as Pavel suggested, this
    > topic gains wider audience as acpi and pm are involved.
    > I have an issue with my laptop with suspend to ram.
    > My laptop is an Acer Travelmate 6592g :
    > > [rj@velvet wireshark-1.0.5 (master)]$ sudo s2ram -i
    > > This machine can be identified by:
    > > sys_vendor = "Acer"
    > > sys_product = "TravelMate 6592"
    > > sys_version = "PSMBOU-1234567"
    > > bios_version = "V1.53 "
    > The kernel running is the last I have : 2.6.29-rc1, but the problem is the same
    > whatever the kernel version I take (between 2.6.16 and 2.6.29-rc1).
    > The issue is that even if the laptop enters suspend correctly, it hangs on
    > comming out of it. After some research, I cornered down the module which changes
    > the behaviour : acpi_cpufreq.ko.
    > When I forbid the laptop to load this module, the suspend to ram works like a
    > charm, in "init" single mode or multi-user mode. When I load the module, the
    > resume always hangs (fan goes high speed like crazy, no LCD back, hard drive led
    > stays on, caps_lock key not responsive, ...)
    what if you build in the ACPI processor driver (CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR=y)
    and boot with "processor.max_cstate=1"?

    > Now, I notice that loading acpi-cpufreq triggers the following message :
    > > log: Jan 19 18:23:42 velvet kernel: ACPI: EC: non-query interrupt received, switching to interrupt mode
    I don't think these two are related. can you please make a double check?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-02-04 02:53    [W:0.041 / U:2.164 seconds]