SubjectRe: lockdep and threaded IRQs (was: ...)
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, David Brownell wrote:
> > Got a version that applies to mainline GIT?
>
> http://tglx.de/~tglx/patches.tar.bz2
>
> > At a quick glance it looks like these patches don't cover
> > set_irq_chained_handler(), which would be trouble since
> > __setup_irq() doesn't get called in those cases.
>
> Hmm, I did not think about chained handlers where the demux handler
> needs to run in a thread as well. Usually demux handlers just have a
> fast path kicking the particular real handlers.

I looked at the code in twl4030-irq.c and I don't think that the demux
handler needs to be setup as a chained handler at all.

Just register it as a standard handler and let it wakeup the other irq
threads or is there a particular requirement that the demuxed handlers
need to run in the same thread context as the demux handler itself ?

Thanks,

tglx

  Last update: 2009-02-28 22:17    [W:0.103 / U:0.588 seconds]