    SubjectRe: [RFD] Automatic suspend
    On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:32:06 -0600
    "Woodruff, Richard" <> wrote:
    > - It provides a way to handle overdrive/turbo operating points out of
    > band from the generically tuned cpufreq governors like ondemand. The
    > way we characterize overdrive is stricter then what Intel has talked
    > about for x86.

    if you have an improved-for-your-systems governor then I'm sure that is
    very welcome in the kernel.

    I agree that perfect is the enemy of good.

    I think just about all of us agree that the final decision needs to be
    in the driver (possibly followed by something that gets various device
    requests and combines it into hw settings); we're just talking about
    what inputs feed into that decision ;)

    And for different types of devices that's guaranteed to be different...
    and sometimes we'll be hampered by existing interfaces, so we might end
    up with hacky stuff.

      Last update: 2009-02-18 12:23    [W:0.039 / U:13.376 seconds]