    SubjectRe: [APIC] Kernel panic, rsync corruption, intel q8200, 2.6.28-rc8
    On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 19:46 +0800, Sam Ruby wrote:
    > yakui_zhao wrote:

    > > Do you have an opportunity to try the boot option of "acpi=off" as
    > > suggested by Lenb?
    >
    > That also produces the "MP-BIOS bug" message and halts.
    Do you mean that the box still can't be booted with ACPI disabled? If
    so, it should be a BIOS bug. It had better be fixed by bios upgrading.
    From the following test it seems that there exists the MPS table,
    which describes how the timer is connected with I/O APIC. But
    unfortunately it is still incorrect.
    And the timer still can't work w/o the timer override.

    Only when I/O apic is skipped can the box be booted. The timer is
    connected with 8259. And the timer can work as expected. But there
    still exist other issue.