    SubjectRe: [APIC] Kernel panic, rsync corruption, intel q8200, 2.6.28-rc8
    yakui_zhao wrote:
    >>> /boot/grub/menu.lst:
    >>> serial --unit=0 --speed=115200 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
    >>> terminal --timeout=300 serial console
    > Do you have an opportunity to try the boot option of "acpi=off" as
    > suggested by Lenb?

    That also produces the "MP-BIOS bug" message and halts.

    > From the log it seems that there exists the following warning
    > message:
    > >MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
    > Can you try the following boot options?
    > a. acpi_use_timer_override

    That also produces the "MP-BIOS bug" message and halts.

    > b. acpi_skip_timer_override

    That also produces the "MP-BIOS bug" message and halts.

    > c. noapic

    With that, I can boot, but I get data corruption problems. Data
    corruption problems I don't see when using the same hardware but with
    Microsoft Vista. More details can be found here:

    I am willing to install new kernels on fresh hard drives, run diagnostic
    programs and report the output, including capturing serial output. Is
    there any data I can gather to help diagnose this problem?