    SubjectVFS and IMA API patch series please pull
    I've sent this patch series out a couple of times but at now 18 patches
    long and all having received acks I don't want to send the whole series
    again. I have a version based of off linus' tree including all of the
    ACKs I received on list and which has been run through the LTP test
    suite successfully. This series basically does two things.

    1) removes all users of get_empty_filp() and init_file()
    2) reworks the ima API to hide it under the LSM and remove its hooks
    into individual filesystems (shmem, pipes, hugetables, ecrypts, nfs,
    networking, ?afs?).

    This repo contains all of the patches including those which actually
    make init_file() static and remove init_file() from the headers. They
    remove the EXPORT_SYMBOL for those as well. If a deprecation is
    required for out of tree kernel code they can still be exported but that
    out of tree code will now certainly fail to work with IMA and will
    result in (harmless) printk spam.

    I'm not sure who the best person to pull this would be. VFS maintainer?
    Al? Should I just send straight to Linus? I'm not sure what the best
    path is. All of the individual fs changes have been acked by their
    respective maintainers and the IMA work has been acked by the IMA
    maintainer. The only patches without CLEAR acks and review are the two
    which remove the get_empty_filp() and init_file() calls.

    The following changes since commit 2b876f95d03e226394b5d360c86127cbefaf614b:
    Linus Torvalds (1):
    Merge branches 'timers-for-linus-ntp' and 'irq-core-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/.../tip/linux-2.6-tip

    are available in the git repository at:

    git://git.infradead.org/users/eparis/vfsima.git master

    Eric Paris (14):
    shmem: do not call fput_filp on an initialized filp
    shmem: use alloc_file instead of init_file
    pipes: use alloc-file instead of duplicating code
    inotify: use alloc_file instead of doing it internally
    networking: rework socket to fd mapping using alloc-file
    vfs: make init-file static
    fs: move get_empty_filp() deffinition to internal.h
    ima: valid return code from ima_inode_alloc
    ima: only insert at inode creation time
    ima: initialize ima before inodes can be allocated
    IMA: clean up the IMA counts updating code
    ima: call ima_inode_free ima_inode_free
    ima: move ima hooks to __dentry_open for easier ima API
    ima: rename ima_path_check to ima_file_check

    Mimi Zohar (4):
    ima: Fix refcnt bug in get_path_measurement
    security: move ima_file_check() to lsm hook
    ima: limit imbalance msg
    ima: rename PATH_CHECK to FILE_CHECK

    Documentation/ABI/testing/ima_policy | 12 +-
    fs/cachefiles/rdwr.c | 2 -
    fs/ecryptfs/main.c | 3 -
    fs/file_table.c | 81 +++++------
    fs/hugetlbfs/inode.c | 2 -
    fs/internal.h | 1 +
    fs/namei.c | 35 +----
    fs/nfsd/vfs.c | 14 --
    fs/notify/inotify/inotify_user.c | 23 +-
    fs/open.c | 9 +-
    fs/pipe.c | 21 +--
    include/asm-generic/fcntl.h | 8 +
    include/linux/file.h | 3 -
    include/linux/fs.h | 7 +-
    include/linux/ima.h | 16 +--
    init/main.c | 2 +-
    ipc/mqueue.c | 2 -
    ipc/shm.c | 2 -
    mm/shmem.c | 25 ++--
    net/socket.c | 123 ++++++----------
    security/integrity/ima/ima.h | 6 +-
    security/integrity/ima/ima_api.c | 4 +-
    security/integrity/ima/ima_iint.c | 84 ++---------
    security/integrity/ima/ima_main.c | 273 +++++++++++++++++-----------------
    security/integrity/ima/ima_policy.c | 19 ++-
    security/security.c | 8 +-

      Last update: 2009-12-09 22:37    [W:0.023 / U:6.488 seconds]