    SubjectRe: 2.6.31 -> 2.6.32 Sound and video regressions
    On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Jesse Barnes <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 23:44:55 +0000
    > Darren Salt <> wrote:
    >> I demand that Andy Lutomirski may or may not have written...
    >> > Emmanuel Benisty wrote:
    >> [snip]
    >> [snip]
    >> > That sounds like FIFO underruns, which (I think) were introduced
    >> > when self-refresh was enabled but should have been fixed. I
    >> > personally have no clue how to fix them, but if you told the Intel
    >> > people what kind of chip you have (lspci output), they can probably
    >> > fix it.
    >> It also sounds like what I'm seeing on my EeePC 901. It only happens
    >> after resume, which makes STR a little less than useful; the display
    >> will, sooner or later, show a single colour (which is, presumably,
    >> the result of a display engine hang, as described in the comment
    >> immediately before intel_calculate_wm) and, seemingly, be stuck like
    >> that until power-off or reboot.
    >> Whether it *is* the same problem, I couldn't say.
    >> Needless to say, this problem goes away if I disable KMS.
    > Arg, there are a few reports of this now, but I haven't been able to
    > reproduce it.  I'll try harder...  (FYI the upstream
    > # for it is 24314).

    It *seems* that we are facing two different issues here (I don't even
    use S2R and the problem is there since the very first second I start
    X). Anyway, I have bisected the problem on my box, it turns out to be
    this one:

    drm/i915: Fix render reclock availability detection;a=commit;h=181a5336d6cc836f05507410d66988c483ad0154

      Last update: 2009-12-07 05:01    [W:0.032 / U:40.688 seconds]