    SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
    Hi Dmitry,

    on 04 Dec 09 at 14:07, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 10:46:00PM +0100, Christoph Bartelmus wrote:
    >> Hi Mauro,
    >> on 04 Dec 09 at 12:33, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
    >> [...]
    >>> Interesting. IMHO, the better would be to add an evdev ioctl to return the
    >>> scancode for such cases, instead of returning the keycode.
    >> That means you would have to set up a pseudo keymap, so that you can get
    >> the key event which you could than react on with a ioctl. Or are you
    >> generating KEY_UNKNOWN for every scancode that is not mapped?
    >> What if different scan codes are mapped to the same key event? How do you
    >> retrieve the scan code for the key event?
    >> I don't think it can work this way.

    How would I get the 64 bit scan codes that the iMON devices generate?
    How would I know that the scan code is 64 bit?
    input_event.value is __s32.

    BTW, I just came across a XMP remote that seems to generate 3x64 bit scan
    codes. Anyone here has docs on the XMP protocol?

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-12-05 00:05    [W:0.044 / U:21.660 seconds]