SubjectRe: tree with htc dream support
Hi!

> >> I think we might want to consider leaving at least the core smd code
> >> under mach-msm.
> >
> > In the long run, I agree.
> >
> > In the short run... the code is staging quality, so it should be in
> > staging... and you'll not have to mainain so huge diff. (-20 kLoc).
>
> The core smd stuff is really not that large. The central smd.[ch] are
> about 1300 lines, and proc_comm.[ch] are about 400 lines. Is it
> possible to get some review/feedback as to what's "staging quality"
> about this code so we can clean it up? I'd rather just fix the
> issues

Just submit it to Daniel W., ccing rmk and l-a-k, and I'm sure you'll
get feedback.

For a start, checkpatch has some mild complains.

> and get the core stuff in there so clock, power, etc support is there
> for the platform rather than have it live in staging purgatory.
>
> Since this stuff is integral to mach-msm, required for essential
> operation of the platform, and makes sense to be part of the mach-msm
> codebase, why not just fix it there rather than move it out into
> staging and then back? I'm not sure what that gains us.

Well, it is in staging now. I just want you to use the existing
version, instead of adding another one.

Of course, getting it into kernel proper would be even better. I'll
gladly help but I did not have yet time/energy to do that.

Pavel

  Last update: 2009-12-28 21:51    [W:0.181 / U:0.796 seconds]