SubjectRe: 2.6.33-rc1: LZMA kernel fails to decompress
On 12/27/2009 12:19 PM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> What I think should be done here is to revert my patch (that replaces
> /bin/echo with printf, so that /bin/echo will be used) and test the
> real solution, which is to stop doing all this hackery altogether,
> and calculate the size the right way instead. Sam already posted a
> possible solution, and it seems to be correct.

Yes, but it moves the calculation from generic to x86-specific code,
which makes it problematic.

I never figured out how to make a generic rule in Kbuild (unlike in
standard GNU make) depend on a helper application, but doing a helper
application for this is probably the sane thing.

Either this, or use Perl, which handles this kind of crap sanely. I'm
really less than half joking.