    SubjectRe: 2.6.33-rc1: LZMA kernel fails to decompress
    On 12/27/2009 12:19 PM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
    > What I think should be done here is to revert my patch (that replaces
    > /bin/echo with printf, so that /bin/echo will be used) and test the
    > real solution, which is to stop doing all this hackery altogether,
    > and calculate the size the right way instead. Sam already posted a
    > possible solution, and it seems to be correct.

    Yes, but it moves the calculation from generic to x86-specific code,
    which makes it problematic.

    I never figured out how to make a generic rule in Kbuild (unlike in
    standard GNU make) depend on a helper application, but doing a helper
    application for this is probably the sane thing.

    Either this, or use Perl, which handles this kind of crap sanely. I'm
    really less than half joking.

      Last update: 2009-12-28 20:37    [W:0.032 / U:4.204 seconds]