    SubjectRe: A basic question about the security_* hooks
    On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:28:23 GMT, David Wagner said:

    > Read the thread, where you can find the answer *why*. The question has
    > already been answered.

    That was the *original* use case for Michael Stone's module. However, in the
    mail that I was specifically replying to:

    On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 13:02:54 +0900, Tetsuo Handa said:
    > I believe TOMOYO can safely coexist with other security modules.
    > Why TOMOYO must not be used with SELinux or Smack or AppArmor?
    > What interference are you worrying when enabling TOMOYO with SELinux or Smack
    > or AppArmor?

    Tetsuo asked specifically about the issues of composing two MAC implementations,
    so I answered that issue as opposed to "composing a MAC with a small LSM".

    I agree that composing a MAC system plus something small should be easier -
    as far back as April 2002 there was discussion of stacking SELinux and the
    OWLSM (openwall/grsecurity style patches). And we've *still* not managed to
    get a solution for that issue (though Serge Hallyn did a yeoman job in trying
    to get a stacker accepted back in 2004 or so).

    I wonder if we need to go look at Serge's patch set again. It's getting tiring
    to revisit the issue every 18 months when somebody wants a small LSM, but can't
    do it because large MACs have essentially co-opted the interface.

      Last update: 2009-12-28 03:11    [W:0.023 / U:1.040 seconds]