SubjectRe: No PCI-X / PCI-E cards ...
Date

> It looks like if the board has been flashed with the wrong bios (the
> dmidecode info isn't consistent with what I see on the board).
> Is there a way to workaround that in the kernel ?

Wrong BIOS is pretty fundamental -- the BIOS could have messed up many
undocumented (and possibly write-once) register settings etc. The
kernel can work around slighly broken ACPI tables or things like that,
but if, say, undocumented write-only north bridge registers are wrong,
not much we can do about that.

Really you better just get the right BIOS on the board.

- R.