    SubjectRe: [RFC v2] Another approach to IR
    On Dec 2, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

    >>> I'm assuming that, by remote, you're referring to a remote receiver (and not to
    >>> the remote itself), right?
    >>
    >> If we could separate by remote transmitter that would be the best I
    >> think, but I understand that it is rarely possible?
    >
    > IMHO, the better is to use a separate interface for the IR transmitters,
    > on the devices that support this feature. There are only a few devices
    > I'm aware of that are able to transmit IR codes.

    If I'm thinking clearly, there are only three lirc kernel drivers that support transmit, lirc_mceusb, lirc_zilog and lirc_serial. The mceusb driver was posted, so I won't rehash what it is here. The zilog driver binds to a Zilog z80 microprocessor thingy (iirc) exposed via i2c, found on many Hauppauge v4l/dvb devices (PVR-150, HVR-1600, HD-PVR, etc). The serial driver is fairly self-explanatory as well.

    There are also a few userspace-driven devices that do transmit, but I'm assuming they're (currently) irrelevant to this discussion.

    --
    Jarod Wilson
    jarod@wilsonet.com

      Last update: 2009-12-02 20:57    [W:0.046 / U:60.808 seconds]