    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again
    Ferenc Wagner <> writes:

    > "Rafael J. Wysocki" <> writes:
    >>> I use partition encryption, everything except for /boot is encrypted.
    >> If /boot is big enough, you could use a swap file in /boot for the testing.
    > Ramdisk worked good. Maybe too good, because I left the machine doing
    > s2disks while I was having dinner, and it achieved some 120 suspends
    > without a freeze. Only the e100 and the mii modules were loaded.
    > After some script munging I got the machine automatically boot with an
    > alternate passphrase, so in vivo testing is possible now. I mean,
    > tomorrow.

    After almost 100 hibernate/resume cycles, I have to say that this issue
    can't be reproduced by suspending in a tight loop. I tried that while
    flood pinging my gateway and also with no network activity. The rc8
    e100 module was loaded all the time.

    > Btw. s2disk has a strange effect of simulating enters during suspend.
    > [...]
    > Can you also see this?

    It can't be seen from the "sleep 1; s2disk" command, so it's probably an
    artifact from X, when s2disk starts before Enter is released.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-12-02 11:57    [W:0.021 / U:14.196 seconds]