    SubjectRe: BFS v0.311 CPU scheduler for 2.6.32
    Con Kolivas wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 02:12:58 Christoph Lameter wrote:
    >>> It's not a bad idea, but the kernel still needs to be patched either way.
    >>> To get BFS they'd need to patch the kernel. If they didn't want BFS, they
    >>> wouldn't patch it in the first place.
    >> BFS would have a chance to be merged as an alternate scheduler for
    >> specialized situations (such as embedded or desktop use).
    > Nice idea, but regardless of who else might want that, the mainline
    > maintainers have already made it clear they do not.
    Since your work is going in as a patch anyway, who is it that cares? The point
    is that I have one source which I compile with multiple config files, rather
    than multiple sources I get to patch with selected embellishments from -mm and
    -next and other places.

    It would be great if the system could boot and run on a doorknob scheduler long
    enough to load a scheduling modules at boot time. But that's a second level gain
    to having a single source and compiling the hell out of it.

    Bill Davidsen <>

      Last update: 2009-12-20 05:49    [W:0.022 / U:0.112 seconds]