SubjectRe: [RFC] What are the goals for the architecture of an in-kernel IR system?
On Sun 2009-12-06 12:59:00, Christoph Bartelmus wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> on 05 Dec 09 at 22:55, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> [...]
> > I do not believe you are being realistic. Sometimes we just need to say
> > that the device is a POS and is just not worth it. Remember, there is
> > still "lirc hole" for the hard core people still using solder to produce
> > something out of the spare electronic components that may be made to
> > work (never mind that it causes the CPU constantly poll the device, not
> > letting it sleep and wasting electricity as a result - just hypotetical
> > example here).
>
> The still seems to be is a persistent misconception that the home-brewn
> receivers need polling or cause heavy CPU load. No they don't. All of them
> are IRQ based.

I have at least one that needs polling/signal
processing... somewhere. IR LED connected to mic input.

Anyway, clearly hacked-up devices like that are better left for
userland solutions.
Pavel

  Last update: 2009-12-15 12:49    [W:0.733 / U:0.024 seconds]