    SubjectRe: [POWER] battery calibration parameters from sysfs
    Aras Vaichas wrote:
    > Unfortunately the simple coulomb counting chips have the disadvantage
    > that the CPU has to be running to accumulate the pulses. Of course,
    > the pulses could wake the CPU from a suspend mode, but I'd rather not
    > do that just to add "one" to a counter ...

    Could you have the coulomb-counting chip connected to a tiny
    microcontroller, or even a dedicated hardware counter? Then the main
    CPU wouldn't need to wake as often, it could just ask the
    microcontroller over I2C, or read/reset the hardware counter.

    b.g.

    --
    Bill Gatliff
    bgat@billgatliff.com

      Last update: 2009-12-15 04:05    [W:0.021 / U:0.728 seconds]