SubjectRe: Async suspend-resume patch w/ completions (was: Re: Async suspend-resume patch w/ rwsems)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> Because the PCI bridges are not the only case where it matters (I'd say they
> are really a corner case). Basically, any two async devices separeted by a
> series of sync ones are likely not to be suspended (or resumed) in parallel
> with each other, because the parent is usually next to its children in dpm_list.

Give a real example that matters.

Really.

How hard can it be to understand: KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

I get really tired of this whole stupid async discussion, because you're
overdesigning it.

To a first approximation, THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS USB.

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans