SubjectRe: BFS v0.311 CPU scheduler for 2.6.32
Date
On Saturday 12 December 2009 07:14:47 am Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 05:10:44PM +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
> > > Also, I like to have the same kernel sources used on my desktop,
> > > notebook, eeepc, and my bootable USB key. It is a lot easier to
> > > upgrade and a lot easier to spot bugs before they strike in sensible
> > > environments.
> >
> > Thanks Willy.
> >
> > That's the first meaningful reason I've heard for it. I may have to consider
> > it now. It still would be compile time limited so probably not quite what
> > you're hoping for. I don't have the time and energy to do and maintain the
> > whole plugsched crap for boottime selection all over again, and that adds
> > overhead which goes against one of my prime objectives.
>
> No problem, as I said, I want to use the same *sources*, not to be able
> to hot-swap the scheduler. But basically I have a directory named "configs"
> in which all of my machines configs are stored. I run "build-kernel-list"
> over those configs from the kernel dir and I get all of my new kernels.
> You can now easily understand why I don't want to patch in the middle of
> the process :-)

Similar setup here and similar rationale behind my request. :)

I would like to give BFS a spin on some smaller boxes but then I would need
to remember to pull BFS out of my local patch queue whenever I want to test
something on my main box (I like to keep things rather conservative there)..

--
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz

  Last update: 2009-12-14 15:21    [W:0.055 / U:0.068 seconds]