SubjectRe: [git pull] drm
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 04:32:56PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > "patches welcome"
>
> The problem is that I have never even heard a Red Hat or Fedora person
> actually acknoledge that yes, they should be trying to upstream it.
>
> Have Red Hat and Fedora just decided that "upstream first" simply doesn't
> matter any more? Because quite frankly, that was kind of the feeling I
> came away with from the Kernel summit.

Well, given that none of the Fedora kernel people were able to attend
this year for a variety of reasons, this is an interesting revelation to
me, I wasn't aware I thought this.

I, for one, would very much like nouveau to be upstream. It would
certainly make my life easier not having to worry about subtlely
breaking graphics adapters I can't test whenever we rebase to new git
changes in the DRM. Thankfully Ben and Dave have been ninja at dealing
with it, otherwise I probably would have punted it by now.

> It's like they _want_ to keep it internal.

regards, Kyle

  Last update: 2009-12-11 02:37    [W:0.058 / U:1.840 seconds]