    SubjectRe: Help needed: Resume problems in 2.6.32-rc, perhaps related to preempt_count leakage in keventd
    On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Monday 09 November 2009, Mike Galbraith wrote:

    > > > OK, I'll give it a try.
    >
    > It doesn't help.
    >
    > Also, I can reproduce the issue with current -git and kernel preepmtion
    > disabled.
    >
    > > I just tried to trigger badness via high speed online/offline combined
    > > with taskset with CONFIG_PREEMPT enabled, and couldn't make it explode.
    >
    > I'm not able to do it this way too, so resume seems to be necessary to trigger
    > it. I'm going try with the suspend debug in the "core" mode.
    >
    > > (damn, wish i could s2ram this box)
    >
    > That need not suffice. I have two other boxes that suspend and resume
    > correctly with 2.6.32-rc, AFAICS.
    >
    > However, there seems to be a systematic error somewhere, since the failure
    > always happens at the same place, ie. list_del_init(cwq->worklist.next); in
    > run_workqueue(), in preemptible as well as in non-preemptible kernels.
    >
    > Which is kind of strange, given the !list_empty(&cwq->worklist) test right
    > before it.

    Hmm, no. list_empty() just tells you whether the list is empty or
    not. It does not care whether the list is corrupted or not. Have you
    tried to run with list debugging enabled ?

    Thanks,

    tglx

      Last update: 2009-11-09 20:17    [W:0.023 / U:0.284 seconds]