SubjectRe: Intermittent early panic in try_to_wake_up
Mike Galbraith wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 19:49 -0400, Kevin Winchester wrote:
>
>> The patch below does not apply to mainline, unless I'm doing something wrong.
>> It's against -tip, I assume? Is it just as applicable to mainline?
>
> It was mainline, but I had the scheduler pull request and another in for
> testing as well. Linus has pulled, so it'll apply now, with offsets.

It did end up applying, but did not have any effect. Looking at the patch
again, I see that it appears to only affect CONFIG_SMP, which I am not
running (and in fact it adds a build warning for the !SMP case). So there
was not much chance of it fixing anything, I suppose.

Any other ideas? I don't have a serial console, and the trace scrolls off
my console, so I don't know if any debug printks would help. Would it help
if I copied the entire panic message entirely, including the Code section?
I can try that the next time it happens.

--
Kevin

  Last update: 2009-11-07 17:23    [W:0.047 / U:0.024 seconds]