    SubjectRe: [announce] new rt2800 drivers for Ralink wireless & project tree

    > > Look at the diffstat of Bart's driver:
    > >
    > > 15 files changed, 4036 insertions(+), 7158 deletions(-)
    > >
    > > He reduced your 5.2 KLOC non-working driver into a 1.8 KLOC _working_
    > > driver.
    > Bullshit, read the mails again.

    This was uncalled for, right?

    > Some people actually require sleep during the night, perhaps that you don't need
    > that and can hence review 41 patches which changes thousands of lines on the
    > same day the patches were submitted.

    If you lack time, "Really start reading my mails" sentence you used at
    the start of email is *not* user-friendly way to say that.

    > > And _still_ your complaint about Bart's series is that he updated the
    > > MAINTAINERS entry and added an entry for rt2800? Heck _sure_ he should
    > > update it, he is the one doing the hard work of trying to bring it to
    > > users, trying to clean up a messy driver space, trying to turn crap into
    > > gold.
    > So if I want to focus on something different in the kernel, I just send 1 patch,
    > and a second to claim the maintainership of it even though there is an active
    > maintainer available?

    What about listing yourself as a maintainer for a start?

    > > The thing is, if you dont have the time or interest to listen to and act
    > > upon review feedback, be constructive about it and fix (obvious)
    > > structural problems in your rt2800 code, you should just step aside and
    > > let Bart maintain what he is apparently more capable of maintaining than
    > > you are.
    > >
    > > What you are doing here is a thinly veiled land-grab: you did a minimal
    > > token driver for rt2800 that doesnt work, kept it in your private tree
    > > for _1.5 years_, and the moment someone _else_ came along and did
    > > something better and more functional in drivers/staging/, you discovered
    > > your sudden interest for it and moved the crappy driver upstream at
    > > lightning's speed (it is already in net-next AFAICS, despite negative
    > > test and review feedback) - ignoring and throwing away all the work that
    > > Bart has done.
    > Get your facts straight, the bullshit level in your mail is staggering.
    > You have no fucking clue who wrote the rt2800 driver which is in
    > drivers/staging/,

    Perhaps you should not be a maintainer if you can't behave yourself?

    > Because a lot of people prefer looking from the sideline,
    > contributing _nothing_

    Given your behaviour, I'm not suprised people are not too eager to
    work with you.

    > As for "throwing away that work" I ACKED 10 of his patches, and said I would review
    > the rest later! But like I said, apparently it is a bad habit for people to sleep during
    > the night.

    Read your email again. It was quite far from 'acked 10, asked for
    time'. You flamed him first.

    (cesky, pictures)

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-11-06 08:49    [W:0.025 / U:10.880 seconds]