SubjectRe: 2.6.32-rc5-mmotm1101 - kernel BUG at net/ipv4/tcp_input.c:3707!
Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 23:34:19 +0200, Ilpo JÀrvinen said:

>>> Bah... this is most probably my fault. Sorry about that.
>>>
>>> Can you please try the patch in the next email?
>>>

> Tried while at home, machine panic'ed. No netconsole here at the moment, sorry.

Ok, thanks.That is ... strange.

I didn't manage to recreate this here with a simple IPv6 set and netcat
as server client but I will try further, but if there is any way to send me
the crash location that would be a big help. Thanks.

> Why was this blowing chunks in the IPv6 when I was making an IPv4 connection
> then? I just noticed that. My fetchmail can't make an IPv6 TCP connection to
> our IMAP server because the server isn't v6-enabled yet. And although I
> contact our DNS over IPv6, but that's UDP not TCP.

I don't think the chunk blowing occurred due to the connection to the IMAP
server. That codes deals with incoming SYNs. I guess it happened when
fetchmail
tried to connect to the local mail daemon and this should be happening
over the loopback interface...

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef
Chief Coffee Drinker & CTO

Web: http://codefidence.com
Cell: +972-52-8260388
Skype: gilad_codefidence
Tel: +972-8-9316883 ext. 201
Fax: +972-8-9316884
Email: gilad@codefidence.com

Check out our Open Source technology and training blog - http://tuxology.net

"The biggest risk you can take it is to take no risk."
-- Mark Zuckerberg and probably others